Save Money – Things To Watch For
- No Service Call Charge if Work Is Done: Sometimes a company is going to cover the cost of the technician’s time by simply raising the cost of a part. Check the prices on the invoice especially if you had already done your homework and know the approximate cost of the part needing to be replaced.
- $19.95 Tune Ups: At times certain repairs need to happen. Just like a doctor – get a second opinion if the repairs seem excessive.
- Everything Is Fine You’re Just A Little Low On Freon: Before you pay for refrigerant have the technician show you the leak he/she fixed. If it didn’t leak out why would the refrigerant be low?
- Contactor Is Burnt: If a brand new contactor will appears to be burnt after 2 years of operation, this is normal. Remember this is the main switch and periodically will need to be replaced, but not more than every other year.
- Duct Work Needs To Be Cleaned: If you have dirt on and around the registers (ceiling is dirty around vents) this usually means you have a leak in the duct system. The ducts should be thoroughly checked.